Decorating Senior Facilities
Decorating for the holidays is traditional and festive. Seniors living in nursing homes do not have as much space or materials to decorate during the holidays, but with a little help and imagination, there is nothing a senior cannot do.
Budget-friendly decorating tips for seniors:
- Collect pinecones and make pinecone wreaths!
- Paint pinecones white or glue on glitter
- Use construction paper to make holiday chains
- Cut our snowflakes with construction paper
- Knit stockings to hang around the facility
- Cut out words like Joy in Red or green and tape them on the walls or windows
- Use pinecones as a centerpiece
- Fill bowls with sugar-free peppermint
- Make a tree shape with Christmas lights
The holidays are here, and it is not too late to decorate! Making decorations yourself makes the holidays more meaningful. Any of the listed activities are great for groups and visitors. Invite other seniors to join in on the fun. Enjoy the season and make your home sparkle with joy.
OurSeniors.org is on a mission to reach out to isolated seniors in the local community. Help bring joy to their lives by donating or volunteering to visit a facility. A little mindfulness can go a long way. We hope you enjoy this holiday season from our team at OurSeniors.org. Happy Holidays!
OurSeniors.org is on a mission to reach out to isolated seniors in the local community. Help bring joy to their lives by donating or volunteering to visit a facility.